Shun Classics are the original Shuns, the first Japanese-style knives to be made available to a wider audience in North America. Instead of heavy, ponderous blades, Shun Classic blades are lighter with razor-sharp edges and crafted from advanced steel. Rather than weighty, Western handles, Shun Classic offers the graceful control of a traditional Japanese handle.
The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
Each Shun knife gets its unique and individual character by refining the natural beauty of the damask grain. This way every Shun knife is unmistakable and unique – a piece of art, united by craftsmanship, technology and design.n.
- Everything you need for your next barbecue
- Set includes the following:
- 4.5-in Honesuki knife a multi-prep Asian style knife, DM0749
- 6-in Boning/Fillet Knife, DM 0743
- 12-in Brisket Knife with hollow edge blade that includes the traditional Japanese saya or sheath, DM0778
- Shun 8-slot knife roll protects knives when not in use with convenient shoulder strap for portability
- Made from VG-Max proprietary stainless steel Clad with 34 layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Patterned, layered surface; stunning look of Damascus steel with added rust resistance (Brsiket knife does not feature Damascus finish in it's blade)
- Black laminated PAKKAWOOD D-shaped handle provides maximum Comfort. Hand-sharpened 16 Degree double-bevel blade (32 Degree comprehensive)
- Knives are handcrafted in Seki city, Japan