Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, White
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Burr coffee grinders are more suited for keeping the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans intact. This is because burr mills produce less heat from friction compared to blade grinders; this is especially important for coffee aficionados looking to get the most flavor from the freshly ground beans, as heat from friction lessens or taints the natural flavor.
Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings. The Encore has an accurate medium to coarse grind for the popular manual brew methods such as AeroPress, Hario V60, and Chemex. The specially designed burrs give a precise grind with minimal fines for a flavorful, balanced extraction when making espresso.
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Encore’s 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burrs grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years.
- Gearbox: The Encore utilizes a simple and efficient direct drive gear reduction transmission to move power from the DC motor to the rotating cone burr. A thermal overload cutout protects the motor from overheating due to excessive use - remember, these grinders are designed to grind a dose at a time for home use!
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- Grinds Left In Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Encore minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8oz (227g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5oz (142g)
- Settings: 60 Precise Grind Settings from the finest espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind
- Grinds Container with Lid and Sealing Cap
- Conical Burr Cleaning Brush
- Dimensions: 4.72" x 13.78" x 6.29"
- Weight: 7lbs (3.1kg)
- Voltage: 120 V
- Power: 120 Watts