Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven With Lid, 3.5-Quart, Rhone
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Designed for generations of durability, the Le Creuset Dutch Oven is an essential cooking pot for home cooks and professional chefs alike. Its everyday versatility makes it perfect for everything from slow-cooking and braising to roasting, frying, baking and much more.
- Enameled cast iron delivers superior heat distribution and retention
- Ready to use, requires no seasoning
- Easy-to-clean and durable enamel resists dulling, staining, chipping and cracking
- Light colored smooth interior enamel allows easy monitoring of cooking progress
- Tight-fitting lids are specially designed to circulate steam and return moisture back to the food
- Ergonomic knobs and handles are designed for easy lifting
- Lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market
- Compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Cut the preserved lemons into quarters. Remove the peels, then cut each quarter in half. Set aside.
Heat the Dutch oven on the stovetop. Add olive oil and brown the meat on all sides. After the meat is a deep brown, season generously with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme, spices, onions, carrots and lemons. Cover with lid and bake 2 1/2 hours, basting the meat regularly.
Return the Dutch oven to the stovetop. Remove the lamb, garlic and thyme from the pot and set aside; if necessary, remove some of the grease. Deglaze the pan with a glass of water. Bring liquid to a simmer and reduce by half. Add zucchini and return meat to the pot. Finish baking in the oven for 1 hour.
After the zucchini and lamb are done, slice the lamb and serve over the zucchini and carrots, topping with gravy from the pot.