KAI Pro Single Bevel Yanagiba Knife, 9.5-in
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
In 1908 Kai Corporation started life as a small pocket knife manufacturer in Seki, the ancient sword making capital of Japan.
Today KAI manufactures, sells, exports and imports more than 10,000 different types of cutlery including Shun brand as well as cutting tools, ranging from kitchen utensils, professional grade scissors for quilting and sewing and surgical implements.
KAI Pro knives are hand sharpened and finished to a razor edge. KAI Pro cutlery is suitable for professional kitchens as well at homes. Kai Pro knives features a comfortable and agile handling even during hours of food prep.
The PRO yanagiba is a traditional, single-beveled, Japanese slicing knife. The name means "willow blade leaf" and refers to the blade's long, narrow profile. It is the ideal kitchen knife for creating the thin, perfect slices of raw fish needed for sashimi. To slice with the PRO Yanagiba, start with the back of the knife blade and simply pull it through the fish, letting the weight of the blade itself do the work.
- Single bevel, ultra razor sharp precision blade. Suitable for cutting raw fish fillets into thin slices (sashimi) and is often referred to as a sashimi knife. The Yanagiba can also be used to trim fillets of meat.
- High carbon stainless steel, 3 mm blade stock glides through cuts, German DIN1.4116 stainless steel with grazed finish and riveted handles
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive) for razor-sharp performance; hammered finish helps food release from blade
- Comfortable, riveted POM handle; full-tang construction for strength and balance
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchen
- Limited lifetime warranty and free lifetime sharpening