Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron Oval French / Dutch Oven, 5-Quart, Oyster
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Designed for generations of durability, the Le Creuset Dutch Oven is an essential cooking pot for home cooks and professional chefs alike. Its everyday versatility makes it perfect for everything from slow-cooking and braising to roasting, frying, baking and much more.
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
- Dimensions: 14 1/2" long with handles, 9" wide, 6 3/4" tall with lid
- Capacity: 5 qt.
- Compatible with Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Garlic and red wine braised short ribs with creme fraiche mash
Preheat oven to 350 F. Season short ribs liberally with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, brown the short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the onions are browned, about 5 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until well-combined and deep red, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine, then add the short ribs. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half, about 25 minutes. Add all herbs to the pot, along with the garlic. Stir in stock. Bring to a boil, cover and transfer to the oven.
Cook until the short ribs are tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours, then transfer to a platter. Strain the sauce from the pot into a measuring cup. Spoon fat from the surface of the sauce and discard. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
While the short ribs are cooking, prep the potatoes. Peel the potatoes and dice into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until fork-tender.
Remove from the heat and drain the water. Process the potatoes through a ricer and place back into the warm pot. Stir in the cream, butter, Parmesan and creme fraiche until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the chopped chives.
In a small bowl, combine gremolata ingredients.
Serve short ribs in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes. Spoon sauce over the top and garnish with gremolata.
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $79.95 or more
If the items in your order which qualify for 'Free Ground Shipping' total $79.95 or more, your order ships FREE!. Free Ground Shipping is only available for the Continental US.
Please note that all expedite shipping time start counting the next business day after your placed an order. Due to a high volume of orders, and shipping delays of carriers transit time shown on web-site are for estimation purposes only. We cannot guarantee that we'll use the carrier you have chosen (if you have chosen one); we may ship FEDEX instead of UPS when asking for a service. Same thing applies for Priority Mail.
How do I return an item?
If there are any delays due to weather conditions or any nature related problems. Shipping charges will not be refundable.
- Most items purchased from Kitchen Universe can be returned in new and unused condition within 30 days for a refund of the purchase price. (If your item came with a free gift, the gift must also be returned in new, unused condition to receive a full refund). All fully automatic espresso machines are subject to manufacturer's policies, to return them please contact us at: email@example.com
- We don't accept returns for used items unless item is defective.
- Furniture including Kitchen Carts, Kitchen Islands, Working Tables, Benches, Butcher Blocks and Food are not returnable under any condition. If any piece of furniture is defective; it will be exchanged not returned.
- Parts can only be returned when they don't fit the intended replacement unit; if your part doesn't fit and we have shipped the correct product (part number on product matches item number on your invoice); return freight will be paid by customer.
- Extended warranty is not refundable under any circumstances; this is a third party service; it's not refundable
Extended Return Period For Holiday Shipping
Returns are now accepted through 01/31/2023 on the same conditions as our return policies
We cannot guarantee cancellation of orders once they have been placed. If you have placed and order and need to cancel it, the package needs to be refused upon delivery; shipping charges will not be refundable, including Free Ground Shipping orders unless we are able to cancel your order. There is no guarantee of cancellation once an order is placed.