Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron Skillet, 11.75-Inches, Caribbean
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Specially formulated for higher surface temperature cooking, the Signature Skillet is a versatile kitchen essential for searing, sauteing, stir-frying and more. The interior surface features a finish with a matte black enamel that eliminates the need for the traditional seasoning and maintenance of raw cast iron.
- Spacious cooking surface for multiple for multiple servings or larger ingredients
- Durable black enamel finish requires no seasoning
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Diameter: 11 3/4 in
- Dimensions: 19" long, 2" tall, 11 3/4" diameter, 13 1/2" wide with pour spouts
- Capacity: 2 3/8 qt
- Compatible with Ceramic, Electric, Gas, Halogen, Induction, Oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Skillet Tomato Tart
In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle in 4 tablespoons water and pulse a few more times. If the dough has not begun to come together, add more water a tablespoon at a time, pulsing in between, until a very loose dough forms. Do not over-mix. Gather the dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic and chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Core and slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Lay the slices in a colander or strainer and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let drain 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature 10 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 15-inch round. Carefully lay the dough into an 11 3/4" enameled cast iron skillet. Gently press down into the corners and allow excess dough to hang over the sides.
In a medium bowl, mix together the crème fraiche and egg yolk. Drizzle the bottom of the dough with 1 teaspoon olive oil, then spread the crème fraiche mixture over the dough. Dot with goat cheese and sprinkle with chopped oregano. Blot the tomatoes dry with paper towels, then layer on top of the goat cheese.
Gently fold the excess dough onto the outside edge of the tomatoes. Brush the crust lightly with remaining olive oil. Season the entire tart with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown, rotating once halfway through cooking. If the center begins to inflate too much, poke a small hole in the filling to release some steam.
Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a few torn oregano leaves.
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $79.95 or more
If the items in your order which qualify for 'Free Ground Shipping' total $79.95 or more, your order ships FREE!. Free Ground Shipping is only available for the Continental US.
Please note that all expedite shipping time start counting the next business day after your placed an order. Due to a high volume of orders, and shipping delays of carriers transit time shown on web-site are for estimation purposes only. We cannot guarantee that we'll use the carrier you have chosen (if you have chosen one); we may ship FEDEX instead of UPS when asking for a service. Same thing applies for Priority Mail.
How do I return an item?
If there are any delays due to weather conditions or any nature related problems. Shipping charges will not be refundable.
- Most items purchased from Kitchen Universe can be returned in new and unused condition within 30 days for a refund of the purchase price. (If your item came with a free gift, the gift must also be returned in new, unused condition to receive a full refund). All fully automatic espresso machines are subject to manufacturer's policies, to return them please contact us at: email@example.com
- We don't accept returns for used items unless item is defective.
- Furniture including Kitchen Carts, Kitchen Islands, Working Tables, Benches, Butcher Blocks and Food are not returnable under any condition. If any piece of furniture is defective; it will be exchanged not returned.
- Parts can only be returned when they don't fit the intended replacement unit; if your part doesn't fit and we have shipped the correct product (part number on product matches item number on your invoice); return freight will be paid by customer.
- Extended warranty is not refundable under any circumstances; this is a third party service; it's not refundable
Extended Return Period For Holiday Shipping
Returns are now accepted through 01/31/2023 on the same conditions as our return policies
We cannot guarantee cancellation of orders once they have been placed. If you have placed and order and need to cancel it, the package needs to be refused upon delivery; shipping charges will not be refundable, including Free Ground Shipping orders unless we are able to cancel your order. There is no guarantee of cancellation once an order is placed.