With its iconic shape and unsurpassed functionality, the Paris Mill from Peugeot is easily recognizable as a symbol of fine dining, whether gracing a table or performing flawlessly in the kitchen. The Paris Mill is without doubt the gold standard. Often copied, but never equaled.
Its appealing rounded shape makes for a great grasp and for easy rotation of the head to unleash the fresh flavor of salt or peppercorns. From a visual standpoint, this mill reinforces the upscale, welcoming ambiance of the best kitchens and dining rooms.
- Crafted of certified sustainable beechwood with natural finish and a semigloss finish
- Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper. Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible.
- Peugeot’s Salt Crushing Mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
- Exclusive u’Select Ring on the bottom. The patented system enables precise grind adjustment settings ranging from very coarse to powdery.
- All Peugeot mills come partially filled with pepper and salt respectively.
- Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism.
- Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Dimension: 8.75-in (22 cm) tall
- Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. Use a PEUGEOT Wet Salt Mill to grind wet salt.