Shun Classic stunningly beautiful line of cutlery features the look and benefits of Damascus steel, yet without its rusting problems. The Damascus-look blade profile reduces sticking and results in less damage to the food being cut and faster prep times.
- Shun Classic features stainless damask steel with 34 layers each side (68 total) and D-shaped blonde PakkaWood handle
- Every Shun Classic Knife has a core layer made from high performance VG MAX steel. VG MAX is Shun's Proprietary steel blend. Carbon is added to improve strength and durability. It has more chromium for wear and corrosion resistance. More cobalt enhances strength. Increased tungsten enables the steel to be very fine-grained; so the edge can be extremely fine and sharp. VG-MAX is an extremely hard (HRC, 1.0% carbon, 1.5% cobalt) and corrosion-resistant steel that gives the blade a sharpness that is second to none and blades remain sharp for longer
- The convex cut of the blade together with the manual honing of each Shun knife delivers an unparalleled sharpness that allows the knife to cut through even the toughest material
- Blade is double-bevel, flat ground for easy cutting and food release
- Full composite tang for strength and balance
- Blade length: 9-in (22.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan