Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique.
The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
Each Shun knife gets its unique and individual character by refining the natural beauty of the damask grain. This way every Shun knife is unmistakable and unique – a piece of art, united by craftsmanship, technology and design.
- A 69 layer construction: Damascus cladding plus 34 layers each side
- Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX super steel; to take and hold a precision edge
- Hammered tsuchime finish is the most prominent visual feature that defines the Shun premier line. Tsuchime is not only beautiful but most important acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag
- Shun-sharp 16° (32° comprehensive) makes food fast and easy
- Double-bevel, flat-ground blade glides through food
- Contoured Walnut-colored PakkaWood® handles
- Full composite tang for strength and balance
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance
- Blade length: 6-in (15.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan